Saturday, July 26, 2014

Soaring

 On a fine day in the Month of June, I decided to go to Skyranch in Tagaytay since I haven't had to chance to go there since it's opening day. All I can say is that it's located in an area that overlooks Taal Caldera.
The sights are breathtaking and relaxing. There were a number of people in park since it has become an attraction in the city of Tagaytay. I noticed that it is operated by the SM conglomerate group. The ticket costs Php 50 on weekdays and Php 80 on the weekends with a payment for each ride you take inside the amusement park.

The bright sky and the cool weather of Tagaytay was a perfect setup for me to think. I rode the zipline first since the thrill of being hanged with just a wire that separates me and the cliff below is quite an experience in itself. The other ride that I rode was the SkyEye, it's like the sibling of the MOA eye in the SM Mall of Asia in Pasay.


As I soar slowly around this big circular structure, I felt that I am slowly becoming free. You see, based on studies as you soar above the surface of the Earth, everything you see below you seemed slower by bit. Try this, Take notice if you are in a high rise building and when you look below you'll notice that everything below you seemed to go slower than usual. This experience tells me that as you reach higher heights you see everything around you slow down at a pace you think you can control; but that's not the case always.

I experienced an elated feeling of freedom and power because I am seeing things in a bigger picture. Since I am a small person, standing only 5'2, this feeling is alien for me. Throughout my entire life, I have considered myself an escapist, a person who hides in my shadow when faced a very hard decision or problem and I considered SOARING in new heights as also a means of escaping. I knew that it is not what It seemed to be.

My grandmother always remind me: "Cyril, bilog ang mundo, minsan nasa taas ka, minsan sa baba! (Cyril, the world is round, sometimes you're up, sometimes you're down!)'. Upon reaching the top of the Sky Eye, eventually you'll have to go down and get off the ride and let others have that experience of yours. Like life, each of us has an equal chance to be on TOP and at the BOTTOM and like the ride, it's not at the same time as you experience it.

Escaping was not a solution but delaying an inevitable fact that you'll eventually have to face it to have it solved so as not to regret it in the coming future. Soaring high above can give you a freedom but remember that as you soar higher and higher the fall on a mishap step can be even greater.

Soar High with a light heart!




No comments:

Post a Comment